Our Services are regulated under terms and conditions set forth herein to provide a better passenger experience and to develop a well regulated and disciplined service with passenger transport Operators and transport Operators' staff.
The Use Terms & Conditions formulate a binding contract between the User and BusBooking.lk. By using BusBooking.lk services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions shown below. If you do not agree our terms and conditions we are not in a position to provide you our services and we do apologize for that. Our ground rules are subject to change at any time without a prior notice. To make sure you are aware of any changes, please review this section periodically.
The Passenger should be present at the bus station, 15 minutes before the Estimated Time of Departure (ETD) of the reserved bus service.
BusBooking.lk is not liable for any damage or inconvenience arising out of any miscommunication, delays of the passenger or any misleading and or false information provided by the Passenger
BusBooking.lk reserves rights to change the schedule and/or cancel, terminate, postpone, divert, reschedule or delay any bus/coach, anytime after your reservation without a prior notice. This may be due to safety or reasonably considered and justified circumstances beyond our control. Notwithstanding the circumstances BusBooking.lk shall not be liable for any damages or inconvenience caused to the Passenger.
BusBooking.lk shall not refund the payment in the form of cash under general circumstances after a booking cancellation. Nonetheless the passenger will be able to get the full refund as an eCash coupon, if he/she cancelled the booking 72hours prior to the Estimated Time of Departure (ETD).
The Passenger is required to furnish the Ticket (eTicket/mTicket) orthe booking confirmation SMS to the Bus Conductor along with the National Identity Card/Driver's License/Passport to verify the identity of the prepaid Passenger. Additionally, the Passengers should agree to submit one of the personal identification document mentioned above for inspection by Bus Operator's designated staff or relevant authorities to verify the identity in the event of a security concern at any given time throughout the Passenger's engagement with the Services offered by the BusBooking.lk and bus Operators
BusBooking.lk is not liable for any delays before and/or during the journey and for the road accidents at any point of time during the Passenger's engagement with the Services offered by both BusBooking.lk and Bus Operator
eTickets reserved via BusBooking.lk are not transferable whatsoever. It is User's sole responsibility to provide accurate contact information of all intended Passengers per seat reserved. Users/Passengers agree that inaccurate Passenger details may lead in prohibiting the embarkation.
Nature of Business
BusBooking.lk is an online value added services provider. It does not operate bus services of its own. In order to provide a comprehensive choice of bus operators, departure times and prices to Users/Passengers, it has tied up with many bus operators. We strictly advice to customers to choose bus operators they are aware of and whose service they are comfortable with.
Our responsibilities include:
7.1 Issuing a valid ticket (a ticket that will be accepted by the bus Operator) for our network of bus operators
7.2 Providing booking modification in the event of cancellations required by the User strictly restricted to prior notices reach to us via email@example.com 72 hours prior to the Estimated Time of Departure of the booked bus. In order to make the cancellation, Users are required to send the cancellation request only as a reply to the email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org for relevant reservation which include the eTicket number,Name, NIC/PP and email address logged with us at the time of concerned booking. Cancellations are not confirmed until busbooking.lk operation team respond to User's cancellation request and Users agree to follow up with busbooking.lk until such response by busbooking.lk via email
7.3 Providing customer support and information in case of any delays/inconvenience
Our responsibilities do NOT include:
7.4 The bus operator’s bus not departing/reaching on time
7.5 The bus operator’s staff being rude and/or their discipline or their conduct whatsoever
7.6 The bus operator’s bus seats, condition inside the bus etc. not being up to the User/Passenger’s expectation
7.7 The bus operator canceling the trip due to unavoidable reasons
7.8 The baggage of the User/Passenger getting lost/stolen/damaged or not being able to load to the bus
7.9 The bus operator changing a User/Passenger’s seat at the last minute to accommodate a separate passenger
7.10 The User/Passenger waiting at the wrong boarding point. (User/Passenger agree to contact the bus operator to find out the exact boarding point in the event that the User/Passenger is not aware of the exact boarding point
7.11 The bus operator changing the boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take User/Passenger to the bus departure point
7.12 Any inconvenience caused by the act of other passengers regardless their source of ticket reservation.
8. The arrival and departure times mentioned on the ticket are only tentative time schedules
10. The tickets booked through BusBooking.lk, are cancelable. Kindly note that the money is not transferred back to the passenger's credit/debit card. Instead the money will be refunded in the form of a eCash Coupon which can be used during your next journey. This coupon is valid up to 6 months from the date of cancellation. BusBuooking.lk shall not guarantee the same journey for same ticket price at any occasion during the period due to possible price fluctuations and the User/Passenger shall pay the price of the ticket for selected journey at the time where payable may be adjusted through the available eCash Coupon(s). An eCash coupon once used do not carry forward any balance. It is User's discretion to utilize the eCash coupon to obtain optimal value out of any usage. Requests for cancellations should be sent in the manner described in article 7.2 herein.
11. In case a booking confirmation e-mail and sms gets delayed or fails because of technical reasons or as a result of incorrect e-mail ID/phone number provided by the user etc, a ticket will be considered 'booked' as long as the ticket shows up on the confirmation page of www.busbooking.lk
12. BusBooking.lk will not be liable to you or to any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused from out of the information derived by you through your usage of this Site. In no event shall BusBooking.lk be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of information provided on the website in so far as such information is derived from other service providers.
13. By accepting the terms and conditions the User/Passenger accepts that BusBooking.lk may send the alerts to the mobile phone number provided by the User while registering for the service or to any such number replaced and informed by the User. The User/Passenger acknowledges that the alerts will be received only if the mobile phone is on active mode and technically acceptable condition to receive the SMS timely manner.
14. BusBooking.lk will make best efforts to provide the service and it shall be deemed that the customer shall have received the information sent from BusBooking.lk as an alert on the mobile phone number provided during the course of ticket booking and BusBooking.lk shall not be under any obligation to confirm the authenticity of the person(s) receiving the alert. The User/Passenger shall not have the right to hold BusBooking.lk liable for non-availability of the service in any manner whatsoever.
15. The User/Passenger acknowledges that the SMS service provided by BusBooking.lk is an additional facility provided for the User/Passenger’s convenience and that it may be susceptible to error, omission and/ or inaccuracy. In the event the User/Passenger observes any error in the information provided in the alert, BusBooking.lk shall be immediately informed about the same by the User/Passenger and BusBooking.lk will make best possible efforts to rectify the error as early as possible. The User/Passenger shall not hold BusBooking.lk liable for any loss, damages, claim, expense including legal cost that may be incurred/ suffered by the User/Passenger on account of the SMS facility.
16. The User/Passenger acknowledges that the clarity, readability, accuracy, and promptness of providing the service depend on many factors including the infrastructure, connectivity of the Mobile Telecommunication Service Provider. BusBooking.lk shall not be responsible for any non-delivery, delayed delivery or distortion of the alert in any way whatsoever.
17. The User/Passenger agrees to indemnify and hold BusBooking.lk harmless from any damages, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, cost, charges and expenses whatsoever including legal charges and attorney fees which BusBooking.lk may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out;
17.1 misuse, improper or fraudulent information provided by the customer
17.2 the User providing incorrect number or providing a number that belongs to that of an unrelated third party, and/or
17.3 he User/Passenger receiving any message relating to the reservation number, travel itinerary information, booking confirmation, modification to a ticket, cancellation of ticket, change in bus schedule, delay, and/or rescheduling from BusBooking.lk and/or any third party.
18. By accepting the terms and conditions the User/Passenger acknowledges and agrees that BusBooking.lk may call the mobile phone number provided by the User while registering for the service or to any such number replaced and informed by the User/Passenger, for the purpose of collecting feedback from the User/Passenger regarding their travel, the bus facilities and/or services of the bus operator.
19. Grievances and claims related to the bus journey should be reported to BusBooking.lk support team within 3 days of your travel date.